Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leap of Faith

(The above did not not occur in Virginia)

I like to call this stage of my life "Leap of Faith". As some of you may know, I have decided to move to Virginia after getting my Master's Degree in Social Work. I lept on July 9th and landed on July 11th. That's right! I have arrived! After much job searching, I found a job in Richmond. Unfortunately I don't have any clients yet, but I am trying to be patient. I will be doing in-home counseling with children and their families. This basically means that I will come to them instead of them going to an office. The job will also provide me with clinical supervision to work toward my clinical license-which basically allows me to be a counselor and makes me more marketable.

Meanwhile, back at the (Levi and Emily) Jaynes residence, this is what I have learned about Virginia:
  • It is humid here.

  • There are large bugs here. (According to Levi, only the small spiders in the forest are poisonous. Good to know.) My favorite bugs so far are fireflies.

  • Bambi lives here! I saw him and his mother outside Emily's kitchen window! (Although, I happen to know that a deer was recently hit on the road, and I haven't seen Bambi or his mother since.....)

  • The people here could not be nicer!

  • It's always best to ride in a clean taxi, not a dirty one. (Words of advice from a cab driver washing his taxi as I walked by in Arlington.
  • Virginia IS part of the South, and its residents are quick to point that out, although I'm not sure they have to. There is a fabulous accent here which I hope to master.
  • I think you could live here your whole life and still not see all the historical war sites-they're everywhere!
  • Apparently Virginia is for lovers, but I have yet to find one for myself.
I am so excited about this new adventure, and I invite all of you to please, please come join me!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting and wanting to hear how it is going. What an adventure. Do, do keep us posted.

    Congrats on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound so fun. Weren't you just the teeniest bit apprehensive? You're right. It was a leap of faith. Good thing you have faith. Good thing you decided to be brave.

    ReplyDelete